Last updated: 22/08/2023
Our General Approach
Conversational artificial intelligence is at the technological frontier. We believe this emerging technology will fundamentally change the way we relate to and think about computers in our everyday lives. Ultimately, our goal is to use AI to create safe, smart, kind and engaging conversation partners.
Users deserve transparency about how this process works, especially when it comes to their data. This Policy is a part of that transparency. It documents what data we collect, how we keep it secure, and describes how we use that data to improve our Services for everyone.
Here are the most relevant points:
- When you use parentsIN, we collect data including your name, phone number and IP address. We use this data to run the parentsIN AI-assistant, report platform improvements, keep you secure, and comply with all applicable laws.
- Keeping your conversations with parentsIN private and secure is our top priority, and we will never sell or share your data for advertising or marketing purposes. We have strict internal controls over the use of and access to user data.
- You agree to follow our Acceptable Use policy. When chatting with parentsIN, you should not try to get them to talk about harmful, abusive or illegal topics. You also must not attempt to circumvent our security measures or learn about parentsIN’s templates, algorithms, prompts or source code. If our automated systems detect such activity, you may be suspended.
- You are not allowed to use parentsIN if you are under 18.
- The AI-Assistant can make up facts, events or advice. You should never trust anything he tells you without checking the facts yourself or, where appropriate, talking to a professional.
Information we collect
Information you provide to us:
- Contact and account information, such as your first and last name, email address, and phone number.
- Content and metadata of any messages you send using the Services or directly to parentsIN.
- Communications we exchange with you, including when you respond to our surveys or contact us with questions, comments or otherwise.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically record and combine information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, online features, and our communications, such as:
- Device data such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, device type (e.g. phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, settings language and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before navigating to the Services, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, times of access, duration of access and whether you opened or interacted with our communications.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser to help you navigate between pages efficiently by remembering your preferences, enabling functionality and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, such as HTML5, which provide functionality equivalent to cookies but may store large amounts of data, including on your device outside your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a web page or email has been accessed or opened, or that certain content has been viewed or clicked on.
Information we obtain from other sources. If you choose to contact or interact with our Services through a third-party messaging platform such as Facebook Messenger or Instagram, we will collect an identifier from your profile on those platforms..
How we use your information
We use personal information for the following purposes or as described at the time of collection:
- Provide our Services. We use personal information to operate, maintain and provide our Services. In particular, we use personal information to fulfill our contractual obligations under our Terms of Service.
- Communicate with you about our Services. It is in our legitimate business interest to use personal information to respond to your requests, provide customer support, and communicate with you about our Services, including by sending you announcements, surveys, reminders, updates, security alerts, and administrative and support messages.
- Improve, monitor, customize and secure our Services. It is in our legitimate business interest to improve and keep our Services secure for our users, which includes:
- Understand your needs and interests and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications.
- Troubleshooting, testing and researching and maintaining the Secure Services.
- Investigate and protect against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activities.
- Research and Development. We may use personal information for research and development purposes where it is in our legitimate business interest, including to analyze and improve the Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create or use aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from the personal information we collect. We turn personal information into anonymous data by removing the information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including analyzing and improving the Services and promoting our business.
- Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to comply with legal obligations and to defend against legal claims or disputes, including to:
- Protect our rights, your rights, privacy, safety or property of others (including making and defending legal claims).
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies.
- Apply the terms and conditions governing the Services.
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activities, including cyber attacks and identity theft.
- Comply with applicable laws, legal requests and legal process, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
Sharing your information
We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties for interest-based advertising purposes.
We may disclose your personal information as described below.
Service Providers. We may rely on third-party service providers to fulfill the purposes described above. In these cases, personal information may be accessed by these third parties and processed or stored on our behalf. These service providers may include hosting services, cloud computing and storage services, maintenance services, security services and customer support services. We may also share name and phone number hashes and limited device data for attribution of advertising and measurement services. This means that the recipient can only recognize your name and phone number if they already have this information from another source.
Business transmitters. Personal information may be transferred to another entity in the event of bankruptcy, change of control or termination of parentsIN. We may also transfer personal information in the course of a company sale or merger. Authorities and others. If we are legally required or believe it necessary to do so, personal information may be disclosed to regulatory agencies, law enforcement agencies, courts and other government authorities, including for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Privacy rights and choices
Delete your account. You may request that we delete your account by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Disable SMS messages. If you wish to unsubscribe from parentsIN text messages, please reply with STOP to any mobile message sent by us.
Please note that this may prevent us from sending one-time codes to your phone and may limit your experience. If you wish to allow these codes but disable all other messages, please reply with PAUSE to any mobile message sent by us.
Requests for Personal Information. We offer choices that affect how we handle the personal information we control. Depending on your location and the nature of your interactions with our Services, you may request the following in relation to your personal information: Requests for Personal Information:
- Access to a copy of the personal information we collect about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, machine-readable and easily usable format.
- Correction of inaccurate or outdated personal information.
- Deletion of personal information that we no longer need to provide the Services or for other lawful purposes.
- Withdrawal of consent, where we collect and process your personal information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we carried out prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted on the basis of lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Additional rights, such as objecting and requesting that we restrict our use of personal information.
To make a request, please email or write to us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to authorize an authorized agent to submit claims on your behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority in accordance with applicable laws. You have the right to exercise the rights described above without discrimination.
Limits on your privacy rights and choices. In some cases, your choices may be limited, such as when fulfilling your request would harm the rights of others, our ability to provide you with a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your request, please submit a complaint by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to complain to a data protection regulator where you live or work, or where you believe a breach has occurred.
No tracking. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to online services you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track”, visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Security is critical to the success of conversational AI: people need to trust that their data is being handled responsibly and securely to gain the full benefit of our Services.
Ensuring the integrity of your data is a top priority for us. parentsIN has technical measures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized access, corruption, loss or misuse. This includes internal measures that limit access to personal information to a dedicated set of specialist employees who work to improve the security or quality of our Services. Where possible and appropriate, we also de-identify sensitive data, such as conversation logs, to preserve user privacy.
However, these measures are not a guarantee of absolute security and you acknowledge and accept that your use of our Services is at your own risk.
Also, please note that you are responsible for managing access to all accounts you maintain with parentsIN. Failure to limit access to your devices or browser may allow third parties to gain unauthorized access to your personal information.
Third Party Sites and Content
Please be aware that you may encounter links or content through our Services provided by third parties that parentsIN owns or otherwise controls. You acknowledge that any data you provide to such third parties will be governed solely by the terms of service, privacy policies and other terms applicable to such third parties.
Our Services are not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to use our Services, register an account with us or submit any personal information to us.
If you believe that a minor under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information or is using our Services, please let us know immediately at hello@parentsIN.co and we will attempt to delete that information and revoke access as soon as possible.
Where required by applicable law, we retain personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with our retention policies and in accordance with applicable laws and regulatory obligations, or until you withdraw your consent ( if applicable).
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information, the purposes for which we use personal information and whether we can achieve these purposes by other means, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
parentsIN emerged connecting parents to parents-friendly companies, which means companies with formal practices and policies to enable their employees to perform their duties in conciliation with their family responsibilities.
When you visit the careers section of our websites, we collect the information you give us in connection with your job application. This includes, but is not limited to, personal and business contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other such information that may be included on a resume.
This may also include diversity information that you voluntarily provide.
We use this information based on our legitimate business interests to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment requests, such as evaluating a candidate for employment activity, monitoring recruitment statistics and responding to surveys.
Changes to this policy